7.04.2010

The first step to the world of Zbrush

Well, it's been ages since I last post my work over here.
Anyway, started to get interested in Zbrush.
Cool software to do modelling, texturing and concepts.
This is my first attempt using Zbrush 3.0.

It was kind of self-learning as it was not taught in school.
But due to interest, I decided to learn it online.

In terms of its interfaces, it was very different from Maya/
It's a mixture of painting and modelling at the same time.

The cool thing was it can allow us to create anything that we wanted in 3D form.
Let's hope as time goes, I will improve on it.

Below was just a rough concept on a desert spider.
Actually, I don't really know what I am designing.
Just pure doodling it without references as this was part of my practices.

Bascially going by feel.
I kind of like this method as nothing is pre-planned.
You never know what you are going to end up with. :)
Still an amateur using this software.
It took me 1-2 hours to block out the model using zpheres.

Slowly, i just went on to explore on different alpha channels, strokes and 3D brushes to so called add on the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment